Job Title: Virtual Engineering Manager
|Job Holder: Engineering Director Midlands||Location: Birmingham|
|Reports to: Hosein Torabmostaedi||Other Relevant Information:
|Salary: £43.1k-£53.4k||Post Posted-Closing Date:
15th October 2018 – asap
|1. Job Purpose
|· Leading and developing an effective team of engineers, technical leads, technical specialists and interns to deliver leading research and services in the given work theme.
· Responsibility for delivering of a portfolio of industry led projects and programs
· Taking responsibility for the financial sustainability of the team
· Represent HSSMI with external partners and organisation
· Working with the executive team to ensure a high standard of project integrity and quality.
|2. Principal Accountabilities
|· Develop and implement a technology strategy for the team||E|
|· Manage the team’s budget||E|
|· Generate income from research projects to ensure financial sustainability of the team||E|
|· Ensure the high-quality delivery of your team’s projects – both research and commercial||E|
|· Line manage a team of engineers||E|
|· Develop the team’s capabilities||E|
|· Working with HSSMI’s clients and stakeholders to define requirements on projects||E|
|· Keeping up to date and delivering projects and assigned tasks to budget, quality and time;||E|
|· leading customer workshops and develop new concept studies;||E|
|· Lead the development of research proposals, contributing to consortium building||E|
|· Confidently present new ideas and concepts to stakeholders or to the wider public;||E|
|· The company may require you to work also at our customers’ premises||E|
|3. Job Context|
|· Managers have the role of developing strong teams to deliver HSSMI’s vision and mission
· Managers develop their team to achieve personal and professional excellence
· Managers ensure that the team’s long-term financial and technical expertise is sustainable
· Managers are entrepreneurial engineers, excited by leading others and interested in manufacturing innovation, technology and new process development.
· Together with their team and the Executive team, managers lead the development of the technological strategy of the given work theme
|4. Knowledge & Experience
(Knowledge & experience needed for satisfactory performance of the job)
|· Experience in line managing a team of engineers||E|
|· Confident in planning and delegate work to a team of engineers||E|
|· Financial acumen and experience in managing budgets||E|
|· Industrial experience in a high-volume manufacturing||D|
|· Knowledge of productivity and process planning;||E|
|· A flexible approach to cope with frequent change and used to work under pressure||E|
|· A high level of motivation, initiative and creativity||E|
|· Good written and spoken English and technical report writing capability||E|
|· Ability to present concepts to a wide audience||E|
|5. Technical knowledge and expertise
(Relevant to the Virtual Engineering role)
· Familiarity with creating and managing MBOM, Bill of Processes in DELMIA, Teamcenter, and Autodesk
· Familiarity with Digital Process Planning, cell/Line Simulation, factory design and ergonomics analysis
· Ability to identify system and process challenges, and develop solutions accordingly
· Ability to define, document and communicate best practice methodologies
· Ability to provide written and verbal status reports, system metrics, etc.
· Ability to build, simulate, and optimize all processes including inbound, order fulfilment, to outbound processes and deliveries using FlexSim, Witness, Demo 3D, AnyLogic or any other simulation software packages.
· Ability to optimize facility layouts; analyse process and facility throughput capacities, bottlenecks and buffer sizes using process modeling.
· Familiarity with gaming engines and their applications in digital/virtual twin development
· Familiarity with Building information modelling, and Virtual and augmented reality
· Ability to analyse material flow from the network of external and 3PL warehouses to manufacturing facilities optimizing for space, cost, and service levels.
· Ability to evaluate alternate and emerging warehouse and distribution technologies to reduce total cost-to-serve, included data-driven proposals, justification, acquisition and implementation.
· Ability to manage multiple intelligent simulation and advanced visualisation projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Familiarity with research and commercial project delivery according to project schedules and quality
· Ability to provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Projects.